BEFORE CLEANING A GUN, MAKE SURE TO:
- Review the gun’s manual to check assembly and reassembly instructions, cleaning and lubricating recommendations, and other safety guidelines.
- Wipe down your gun with a dry rag and get into its nooks and crannies using a q-tip. Avoid using a solvent right away since it will only make a mess.
- For your safety, make sure that the gun is not loaded and is facing a safe direction at all times.
- Keep any chemicals (e.g. cleaning solutions, lubricants) away from ammunition as these pose a fire hazard and may cause damage.
- Use products and tools recommended for your gun type. Certain tools, such as brushes, vary depending on the caliber it will be used for. Like guns, cleaning products and tools should also be maintained and stored properly.