The Miracle Sprouts
Sprouts are widely recognized as being some of the most nutritious foods on the planet. Since sprouts are very easily digested and absorbed by the body, you can rest assured in knowing that all of the vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients they contain, are actually being absorbed by your system instead of simply passing through the body.
In addition, it is important to highlight that if you are following directions and primarily focusing on using heirloom seeds you will not wind up with a nutrient deprived end product. Many of the sprouts, fruits and veggies we have mentioned and will mention are almost fully depleted of essential nutrients by the time you buy them at the grocery store. Growing your own sprouts from your own seeds ensures that you will be nourished and full. By deriving the maximum nutritional value from each bite, you will be less tempted to gorge and go in for seconds and thirds at mealtime.
- Alfalfa – Essential for healthy reproduction, vision, immune function, healthy bones and the regulation of bodily functions. Alfalfa sprouts are loaded in Vitamins A, B, C, E, K and various minerals.
- Garbanzo Beans – Also known as Chickpeas, they merit separation from other beans due to some added benefits. Garbanzo beans are loaded in protein, fiber and carbohydrates. They can take the nutritional place of meats and dairy in our diet by providing muscle-maintaining protein. They can be a go-to sprout for fast fresh food. They provide enough caloric value for several days of subsistence, in a pinch.
- Green Lentils – These provide Vitamin C, Protein, Iron and other minerals. Another extremely healthy sprout which is essential to good muscle and cardiovascular health.
- Black Eyed Peas – Another Carb/Fiber/Protein packed powerhouse. They are another example of a subsistence diet worthy sprout and should be always kept on hand for dire circumstances.
- Mung Bean – This sprout is crucial to muscle health and mass retention. It can keep your body from withering and losing crucial muscle tone and strength at a time when you only have access to plants. Mung beans provide Protein, Iron, Potassium, and Vitamin C.
- Fenugreek – Rich in Iron and Phosphorous, Fenugreek sprouts support DNA replication, repair and production of body sells. This sprout is crucial for expectant moms or those who are nursing.